Private SaaS Company Funding, Runway, and Capital Efficiency Benchmarking
In our 9th annual survey of private B2B SaaS companies, we asked several questions on funding sources and amounts raised to learn more about capital efficiency and cash balances to better understand runway. Runway considerations, in particular, became very relevant with the arrival of the novel Coronavirus COVID-19 and the resulting economic shutdowns. The goal of asking these new questions was to be able to answer the following:
- When do companies raise equity?
- How much money do they raise?
- How much runway do companies maintain?
Key takeaways from the research include:
- 24% of companies surveyed are bootstrapped.
- Venture capital becomes a more significant source of funding around $1 million in annual recurring revenue (ARR), which is typically about year four or five of a company’s life.
- Private equity is much more common in companies with $10 million in ARR and above.
Download "Private SaaS Company Funding, Runway, and Capital Efficiency Benchmarking"
Form fields marked with an asterisk are required.
Who Is SaaS Capital?
SaaS Capital® is the leading provider of long-term Credit Facilities to SaaS companies.Read More